It's My 6 Year Dreamaversary

Hey Guys,

    I was tempted to make a video about my ' 6th year DREAM-aversary' but I decided to write. I've been writing less for my personal blog as of late but there was a time when blogging was an outlet I desperately needed; Blogging was therapy. In case you aren't familiar with my post, my name is NIKIVA DIONNE and I 'anniversarize' EVERYTHING, lol. But this one in particular is more than special. Biblically the number 8 signifies NEW BEGINNINGS and in perfect God fashion on 8/8/10 God called me into my NEW BEGINNING. I left my career and followed my purpose. I couldn't believe that all my life that small whisper was God calling me into my purpose. I had no idea, thank God He loved me through my ignorance and waited on me. However as scripture states in
John 4:17 
Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

   Once I KNEW, I obeyed. 

   There were things that made me 'usable to God'. I'd had a job since I was 12 years old. He knew I loved working and I worked in excellence in every environment. He knew that I had no problem working to pay for my luxury apartment and luxury vehicle. I was a good and faithful steward over what 'I knew I had'. God saw how faithful and diligent I was to my earthly boss, how reliable and passionate I was. God then revealed the fullness of who I was to me.  He called me out of my comfort zone and asked me if He could be my boss. He didn't violate the free will, He gives all of us. However, He made me uncomfortable in my comfort zone. He revealed that even after a raise, even after a promotion, even after working so hard I'd never be appreciated and ultimately be fulfilled; then He revealed to me the possibility of life under new management and I said YES! I've said yes everyday over and over again, no matter what my 'reality' was/is because I know the God I serve could not tell a lie. 

  I had no idea the amount of purging God would have to do in and around me before He would be able to use me. I honestly thought that leaving my job was the hardest thing He would ask me to do, lol. NOT SO! But what I soon learned was that my YES, allowed him to create in and around me the environment conducive to what He will ultimately do through me. I was a mess, I had no idea how 'bad' I looked/look, lol. I'm so humbled that my mess didn't stop God from choosing me. He reveals me to myself over and over again, He loves me enough to hide me in Him until I'm capable of being tried in the fire for Him.

         "When your WHY for doing something is strong enough, it makes your HOW TO obsolete."-JP

GOD is my WHY! That's HOW!

      Today, I feel like God gave me a brand new start size years ago. He gave me a chance to truly live. To be in the world and not of it. To walk in fullness and purpose. To learn through EXPERIENCE how to trust Him. My heart has been broken time and time again, my world has been utterly flipped upside down, my health has been attacked, my relationships have been destroyed, rebuilt, have ended, have been ripped away, my image of life has been totally abandoned and replaced with HIS WORD. I'm so humbled, I'm so grateful, I'm so in love, I'm so inspired and I'm so intentional about my relationship with Him that I will say Yes again and again even when He tells me no. I choose life.                                         
 John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
 I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Today commemorates the best choice I ever made and today I choose AGAIN to trust HIM! Thank you for being apart of my journey. 

"The proof is in the sacrifice"
Nikiva Dionne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEAD SHOT PROMO (DISCOUNT CODE INCLUDED)

Actor Milestone- Hello NBC!

I Probably Can't Help YOU Decide