Wait that's me


I had an audition on Monday which meant I needed to have my hair done. My hair has not been cooperating as of late. So I went to a Beauty Supply Store I use to frequent in my Weave and Wig days. I found a wig and as I walked over to try it on, beside the station was

HEY THAT'S ME!


I'm not sure I'll ever get 'use to' seeing myself in ads or on television.
This business is such a challenge that it MAKES you appreciate every ad that actually gets printed, every commercial that actually airs, every scene that actually makes it to final edit. You see I've learned you can audition and be placed on hold but get released. You can shoot a project and it NEVER airs. You can shoot a project and just YOUR part is edited out. You can do tons of photo shoots and never see the images or how/where they were used.  So I have learned to appreciate each step of this journey. To be CONTENT with the resume I have currently built for wherever you are today, you may never be again. And it's for a reason! It's in God's perfect plan and I'm so humbled and grateful that God has called me to THIS. To whom much is given, much is required. I remind myself often that where I AM is exactly where someone else is striving to be. It's a hard thing to really believe because you guys see the highlights you don't see the 'FULLNESS', or lack there of, of this journey. I get just as excited when I see my friends in ads and on television and films. There are times I praise HIM for the people I don't know but I can identify w/ their journey and it excites me because I know GOD IS FAITHFUL.

Well, that's all for this entry. If you are in a beauty supply store keep an eye out for me in hair ads for wigs, clip ins and WIG BANGS lol for the brand SEPHIA!

If you are reading this and you are pursuing something, anything. HAVE FAITH 

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Thanks for being apart of my journey. Your prayers and words mean more than I can express.

"The Proof is in the Sacrifice"
        Kiva



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEAD SHOT PROMO (DISCOUNT CODE INCLUDED)

Actor Milestone- Hello NBC!

I Probably Can't Help YOU Decide