RELEASED from Another AVAILS, Really?

I'm laughing because the title is undoubtedly your first reaction each time, lol.

To any of my readers who are not in the entertainment business here is a quick crash course. You are placed on Avails by your Agent. They call and check your availability dates for a project you've previously auditioned for. It's like after your second interview, they give you the courtesy call to say you're still being considered and they have narrowed their candidates down to maybe you and one or two other people.

Now here is the thing, I went the first two years of my career thinking if I'm placed on avails, I'm booking this job. Until one day I started getting RELEASED from AVAILS. Now the first 3 times I was released happened within 2 weeks of each other and had me balled up in a fetal position lol.

Well, I was just released again. I'm not going to type it in caps anymore, I won't give it that much power,lol. Instead I'll say, it's apart of this business, you are in this business so you have to be able to not allow released avails to knock you off your stride.

I woke up this morning and the first email I read was an avails release. My first thought was

 "wooh, I'm glad I hadn't read my word yet, lol." 

Then I read my word, put my gospels on Pandora, answered emails and started to write this very personal message to you guys. Here's the thing, when less than ideal things happen in life you must TELL YOURSELF SOMETHING, because if you don't the devil definitely will. 

I chose today to tell myself this

Kiva, whatever you thought this job would provide, you must've been wrong. If it was money, guess what HE still is Jehovah Jireh. So that's done! If it was resume building, HE still has the ability to place your name on the hearts of the perfect people. So let that go. If it was your dream job, dream bigger for HE is able to do exceedingly, abundantly far above what we can ask or imagine. Don't get caught up in the numbers game, don't comfort yourself by saying at least I made it to the last 2 people, you don't serve an at least God. Align yourself with Him, praise Him for the consideration and thank Him advance for His perfect plans and promises concerning your life. Now go do something, work out, wash your hair before you tackle that to do list, because you have stuff to do, that requires your full mind!

Thanks for reading! Expect great for he is great!!

"The proof is in the sacrifice"
          Nikiva Dionne



Comments

  1. Just wait until you get cut out of something - after you get done cussing, you're really going to need The Word. ;)

    Seriously, though, you're absolutely right - this is just part of being in "the game." What God has for you, nobody can "take." It was just someone else's job. One time I auditioned for something and overheard one of the actresses telling another actress that her husband had recently had a heart attack, couldn't work, and they were about to lose their house. Plus she had her baby at the audition with her. I silently prayed for her to book the commercial, and I meant every word. Not sure if she did or not, but I released it - she needed it more than I did.

    Onward and upward! Your job is coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HEAD SHOT PROMO (DISCOUNT CODE INCLUDED)

Actor Milestone- Hello NBC!

I Probably Can't Help YOU Decide