Regression- Short Film


 I recently had the pleasure of working with some amazing film makers that I truly consider family. Below is a short film we created for the 48hr film festival in LA. If you aren't familiar basically you have to create a short (write, shoot and edit) within 48 hrs and within the guidelines and ramifications of the film festival. Yes it sounds crazy because it is, lol.  As an Actor all I had to do was show up and act. However, when I arrived (the day of the shoot) I received my script and page one described and extremely emotional scene with me crying, emotions raging etc. Now,  I knew most of the team from other projects so I automatically assumed, them knowing me, they would have me in a comedic role. SIKE! I can honestly say I was terrified when we began and at the end I was so drained but so genuinely proud of myself.  

This short is special not because of the product but because of the faith they had in me to deliver outside of my comfort zone and because I was able to share this experience with a few people who genuinely mean so much to me and made it their business to make sure I felt safe and capable of creating. 



Special Thank You to M. Wesley Watson you are an actors director and my brother. I truly love you and appreciate you so much.
Darryl Pugh for so casually looking at me as if, I could do ANYTHING. lol
and Damon Rice who I've known since 14 years old. I'm so proud of the man you've become and the uncompromising dream chaser you are. So glad you guys are apart of this journey with me. 



Thanks for watching 

"The Proof is in the Sacrifice"
NIKIVA DIONNE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEAD SHOT PROMO (DISCOUNT CODE INCLUDED)

Actor Milestone- Hello NBC!

I Probably Can't Help YOU Decide