Looks Can Be Deceiving


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
 requests to God  philipians 4:6

  I’m fighting this anxious spirit, yall. I’m becoming anxious at times and it’s not for someone to believe in me and it’s not because I don’t want someone else to stop believing in me. It’s not about ME. It’s honestly because, I have proclaimed Jesus's promise, grace, mercy and power for so long. I have went through phases where I’ve given up executive mgmt positions, given up my place, given up certain relationships; than moved into a phase of taken. Where it seems like things are being taken away. Yet, all I’m thinking is, God I KNOW what you promised me and if you don’t bless me soon, someone’s gonna stop BELIEVING in you. Someone isn’t gonna believe my smile. Someone is going to stop listening to my words of encouragement in you, Someone is going to say If God told her to pursue this why is she barely surviving? If her Faith is so strong, If she is living in obedience and doing God’s will why is she 'LOSING'?  If she is doing what the bible says we should do and THIS is the result, than I’d rather just….

  My God, this must be what Jesus felt like. To look in the eyes of others and proclaim God’s promises and to have them look back and receive your words only when they SEE God’s grace on you.  However, when they know my struggle and I don’t yet have the testimony to share, I see their eyes drop or I get the “WHY don’t you just…” remarks. God I feel so stubborn talking to the world about things that are supernatural. I am clinging on to the hem of your garment and while I feel your presence in my life, as I never have before I also feel the weight of being obedient. It’s heavy because I know your promise is only good based upon the good I do for others. I know you have a word to deliver through me, I know you have positioned me for your glory but my heart is so heavy because I don’t know who will stop seeing your heart in the midst of my hurt. God my life doesn't LOOK like ur Glory rite now...



  Something is telling me this was my assignment on this day. I believe him guys, even when nothing around me suggest his mighty promises are plausible, I know he has no choice but to bless me because I fiercely believe him. This is a battle I can't afford to lose. 

This prayer was in my house growing up and I have it in my home today. But, I recognize I need 2 have it in my heart everyday

Serenity Prayer 
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
 and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as he did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with
Him forever in the next
Amen.

Thanks for reading friends. Be blessed

"The proof is in the sacrifice"

        NIKIVA DIONNE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEAD SHOT PROMO (DISCOUNT CODE INCLUDED)

Actor Milestone- Hello NBC!

I Probably Can't Help YOU Decide